Clinical Job Opportunity
Affirming Therapy Center will be interviewing for full-time clinicians beginning in January, 2023!
Affirming Therapy Center in San Diego is excited to hire our next California Licensed or Mental Health Professional!
Are you a psychotherapist with special interests and training in sexual health?
Affirming Therapy Center (ATC) is a growing group practice and is seeking mental health professionals to join the team. ATC specializes in serving communities of gender, sexuality, and relationship diversity (GSRD), including LGBTQ, kink, fetish, polyamory / swingers / other non-monogamy, and adult industry professionals. Above all, we are looking for therapists with a desire to serve – in a non-judgmental, open, and affirming way – sexual-minority communities and clients who have sexual health concerns.
Benefits of becoming an Affirming Therapy Center Therapist:
- Furnished office for one to two days per week (optional);
- May work remotely from the comfort of your own home or office;
- Clinicians set their own days and hours they wish to work;
- Dedicated cell phone;
- Access to Simple Practice (an EHR system);
- Office internet;
- Managed Psychology Today account;
- Membership in AASECT and ICEEFT;
- Partial reimbursement for GSRD-related training and for networking;
- Sick pay;
- 401(k) program;
- Clinical team consultations;
- Monthly AASECT supervision;
- Advantages of collaborating and working in a group.
Clinicians profiles are included on our website and on various online directories. Some client referrals are expected but not guaranteed. Professional networking is encouraged to help build a referral network.
Clinicians are W-2 employees. Clients are private pay and out-of-network.
- Licensed Mental Health Professional (LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, or Psychologist) via California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
- Experience and additional training in Couple’s Therapy. Emotionally Focused Therapy externship is required. Core Skills Training is necessary for relationship therapy referrals.
- Additional training in basic Sex Therapy principles and interventions.
- Specialized knowledge, training, and passion for working with Kink / BDSM and Polyamory / Non-Monogamy.
- Meet with adult individuals and relationships for outpatient psychotherapy according to training and areas of expertise
- Complete intake notes and progress notes, billing, and scheduling after each session
- Ensure proper charting is completed on day service is rendered
- Attend biweekly case consultation as needed
This is a great position for someone who wants to experience working with clientele from GSRD communities. It is not a good fit for an entrepreneur looking to start their own private practice – if this is you, let us know and we’re happy to help you in other ways.
Affirming Therapy Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and a résumé or CV to Careers@AffirmingTherapyCenter.com.
If you meet all of the qualifications listed above, please include answers to the following questions:
- What most piqued your interest about this position and what do you hope to gain from it?
- Do you have experience working with gender, sexuality, and/or relationship diversity? If so, please describe your work, including length of experience, primary modality, and what you find most fulfilling about this work.
- What does sex-positivity mean to you?
- Please indicate your level of Emotionally Focused Therapy Training.
- Are you a Kink-Knowledgeable and/or Poly-Knowledgeable professional? If so, please explain additional education, readings, trainings, and professional experiences regarding Kink and/or Non-Monogamy.
- What types of clients are you most comfortable with? Least comfortable with?
- What are you most excited to contribute to Affirming Therapy Center by joining the team?
- What are your plans in the next 2-5 years? Do you hope to open your own private practice?
- What are your available / preferred days and times to work, both in-office and telehealth?
Affirming Therapy Center (ATC) serves San Diego county, and the state of California via TeleHealth.
BDSM, Fetish Exploration, and Kink
Gender Identity & Trans Affirming Therapy
Gender, Sexuality, and Relationship Diversity (GSRD)
Non-monogamy, Polyamory, and Open Relationships
Relationship Challenges & Relationship Concerns
Sex Positive Therapist
© 2016 – 2022 Affirming Therapy Center (ATC) – All Rights Reserved.
Good Faith Estimate Notice